Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Woo hoo! This is the first sign of fall in our yard! Bean was so excited. We've been keeping quite busy with park days and Irish dancing class. We also have a new Waldorf families group starting up, which I'm very excited about and Bean will start German next week!

We're preparing for our Michaelmas Celebration on Saturday. We'll make Norwegian pancakes for breakfast, to go along with our "Hungry Dragon" story and we'll have a big dinner that will include stuffing with apples and dragon bread. Dragon bread is just a regular yeasted bread (I'm using a recipe from the Tassajara Bread Book) formed into the shape of a dragon.

I've also been doing quite a bit of reading. Currently, I'm working on Melisa Nielsen's "A Journey Through Waldorf Homeschooling-Kindergarten. " I also seem to find myself pouring through Donna Simmons' "Kindergarten With Your Three to Six Year Old," The Wynstone's Series' Autumn book and Annette Frontz's Seasons of Joy Autumn Curriculum quite regularly.

I love fall!

No comments: